Every Picture Tells a Story
2019 Photo Contest
We are continuing to focus on Elkford this year, asking once again for participants to channel their community spirit. The photos you enter will emphasize one of the letters in the name of our wonderful town. To help us to fully embrace your vision, we would like a short “story”, only one or two sentences, to be submitted along with the photo.
- Each person can enter a maximum of three photos.
- Photos must be taken by the person entering them.
- Registration forms can be picked up at the library. You will need one form per photo entered.
- Photo must be 5”x7” (trimmed size). Any photos that won’t fit in our display frames will be disqualified.
- No frames please. We provide them.
- We also require a digital copy of your photo (.jpg, .gif, .tiff, etc.). Please let library staff know when you register if you do not have a digital copy of your photo or if you need help getting it from your phone or camera. We are happy to help you.
- You may only use computer alteration on one of your submitted photos. In all others, only cropping is allowed. It is permitted to use filters when taking the photo.
- Date stamps must be removed or the photo will be disqualified. You can crop them from your photos.
- A release form must be signed upon entering the photo into the contest, allowing the library to use your photos.
- Parents of a minor child who has been photographed must sign a release allowing the photo to be shown in public.
- Only amateurs may enter the contest.
- Bring your photos and filled-in forms to the library on or before the contest deadline: October 12, 2019.
Child – Ages 12 and under
Teen – Ages 13 to 18
Adult – Ages 19 and over
Every Picture Tells a Story Contest Registration and Photo Release. Remember to write your story!
Minors Photo Release Form (for every photo of a minor we need a release form from their parent or guardian).