2017 Photo Contest Rules
Elkford Public Library Photo Contest 2017 Rules:
- Only one photograph per person per category
- Each person can enter a maximum of three categories
- Photos must be taken by the person entering them
- Registration forms can be picked up at the library. You need one form per photo entered.
- Photo must be 5”X7” (trimmed size.) Any photos that won’t fit in the display frames will be disqualified.
- No frames
- We also require a digital copy of the photo in .jpg, .gif, .tiff, etc. Please let library staff know when you register if you don’t have a digital copy of your photo, or need help getting it from your camera. They may be able to help you download your photo or scan it.
- The only category in which computer alteration is allowed is the Open Category. In all other categories only cropping is allowed. It is permitted to use filters when taking the photo.
- Date stamps must be removed or the photo will be disqualified. The stamps can be cropped out of photos.
- A release form must be signed upon entering the photo contest allowing the Library use of the photos. Parents must sign the forms for minor children.
- Only amateurs may enter the contest
- Bring your photos and filled in forms to the library on or before the contest deadline of October 14, 2017
- 2017 Registration-photo release form
- Child – Ages 15 and under
- Adult – Age 16 and over
- People In Places
- Life in the Elk Valley
Selfies in the Elk Valley Category: Enter your selfies by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. This just for fun category is open to all ages. When sending us your photo, be sure to include your name, the names of anyone else in the photo, and the location that the selfie was taken. The best selfies may be shown in the Elkford Focus. We will email you the photo release forms if necessary.
Elkford Businesses: Are you interested in sponsoring the photo contest? We provide charitable receipts for donations over $20. Contact the Elkford Public Library 250-865-2912 or email@example.com.