2018 Photo Contest Rules
EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY
Using one of the following letters: E L K F O R D, submit a photo with a subject that literally or figuratively starts with one of these letters, and then in a sentence or two, tell us the story behind it. We love both fiction and non-fiction tales.
Elkford Public Library Photo Contest 2018 Rules
- Photos must be taken by the person entering them.
- Each person can enter a maximum of three photos.
- Registration forms can be picked up at the library. You will need one form per photo entered.
- Photo must be 5”x7” (trimmed size). Any photos that don’t fit in our display frames will be disqualified.
- No frames please. We provide them.
- We also require a digital copy of your photo (.jpg, .gif, .tiff, etc.). Please let library staff know when you register if you don’t have a digital copy of your photo, or if you need help getting it from your phone or camera. We are happy to help you.
- You may only use computer alteration on one of your submitted photos. In all others, only cropping is allowed. You may use filters when taking your photos.
- Date stamps must be removed or the photo will be disqualified. You can crop them from your photos.
- A release form must be signed upon entering the photo into the contest, allowing the library to use your photos.
- Parents of a minor child who has been photographed must sign a release allowing the photo to be shown in public.
- Only amateurs may enter the contest.
- Bring your photos and filled-in forms to the library on or before the contest deadline: October 13, 2018
- EPL Minors Photo Release Form Photo Contest
- 2018 Registration-photo release form
- Child – Ages 12 and under
- Teen – Ages 13 to 18
- Adult – Ages 19 and over
Elkford Businesses: Are you interested in sponsoring the photo contest? We provide charitable receipts for donations over $20. Contact the Elkford Public Library 250-865-2912 or email@example.com.